Central Sales Director – Spirits
Dallas, Texas | Full-Time Permanent | $160,000 - $170,000
February 12, 2024 | Job ID: 2181157
Seeking a Spirits Central Sales Director for an amazing client.
• Looking for a someone with spirits experience across multiple states and distributors along the Atlantic coastline. Commercial and people management skills to continue the sales and distribution growth of brands in 14 states.
• Collaborate with General Manager and other department managers to formulate a go to market strategy for the brands to achieve revenue, distribution, and sales objectives in the East Division
• Enhance the company’s profitability with effective sales management and utilization of various sales data platforms.
• Sales Director will actively set, monitor, and communicate monthly, quarterly sales goals.
• Candidate must enhance future growth opportunities by continuing to build and strengthen business relationships with distributors, brokers, agencies, and key corporate accounts.
• Manage (7) direct reports to ensure depth and quality of sales execution in key accounts across the division. Responsible for the long-term development of two regional managers and one state manager.
• Administer and supervise all sales related budget activities and sales related expenses within the division and with the sales team. Work with General manager and administrative departments to analyze and determine the best use of resources within the division.
● Develop, manage, and assist the execution of sales tactics to meet short and long-term sales deliverables and sales related KPI’s for multiple states
● Maintain a trade field presence through your direct reports and direct sales work with regional chains
● Directly manage and supervise sales team to carve out mind share for the company in the current distributor network. Design and implement creative programs to motivate and communicate company’s local sales goals and targets for the distributor.
● Ensure distribution growth across all channels with balanced sales team management and distributor execution
● Set the schedule and supervise regional trade shows, major distributor meetings, PR events, and other marketing initiatives within the division.
● Assist Trade Marketing team with development of a trade promotional calendar. Use your best efforts to sales team, distributors, and key accounts to work within that calendar.
• Plan, implement, communicate, and monitor division’s trade sales budgets, T&E budgets, and distributor related expenses.
• Collaborate with the marketing team to formulate the annual A&P budget as it impacts your division.
• Work with finance and sales analyst to effectively review and manage resources to impact brand performance versus brand investments.
• 10+ years of proven sales experience in Luxury FMCG/ beverage company. Strongly prefer 5+ years of multiple state management and people management in the wine and spirits industry.
• Prefer someone located in IL.
• Direct sales experience with regional chain liquor accounts and or regional on-premises chains
• An entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic self-starter who is a solutions-based manager and does not require a lot of day-to-day direction.
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented atmosphere. Ownership of primary states from start to finish, including planning, budgeting, and distributor management and sales execution. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Travel expectations are 50%+ of the role.
Share This Job
If You’re Looking For A New Opportunity, The Recruiting And Staffing Experts At Nelson Connects Can Help. We Work With Companies Of All Types And Sizes Across All Industries. We Help People Like You Find Exciting Roles With Employers Ranging From Fortune 100, Government, And Nonprofit Organizations To Local Businesses, Industry Leaders, And The Most Agile Start-Ups. The Candidates We Work With Appreciate Our Responsive Approach, Genuine Relationships, And Exceptional Service. With A Commitment To Transparency, Authenticity, And Credibility, We Look Forward To Our Jobs Every Day, And We’re Excited To Help You Find The Job You’ve Been Looking For.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects Provides Pay Transparency By Placing Salary Ranges In All Job Postings In Accordance With State And Local Regulations. We Are Committed To Communicating Pay Clearly Throughout The Employment Process.
California Fair Chance Act And Beyond: Qualified Applicants With Criminal Histories Will Be Considered For Employment In Accordance With Applicable Regulations. We Will Consider Qualified Applicants For Employment, Including Those With Criminal Histories, In A Manner Consistent With The Requirements Of Applicable State And Local Laws, Including The City Of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, And CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly Benefits Offered Include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + State Mandated Benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service In The Uniformed Services, Or Any Other Classification Protected By Law.