Napa, California | Contract To Perm | $80,000 - $95,000
February 6, 2024 | Job ID: 2181133
A prestigious luxury winery is currently looking for a payroll manager to join their team. The selected individual will be tasked with overseeing the entire payroll process, from processing payroll to handling journal entries and facilitating month-end close activities. This role comes with excellent benefits and provides the opportunity to collaborate with a vibrant and dynamic team!
Main Functions Include:
- Bi-weekly payroll processing
- Ensure payroll process is streamlined
- Prepare payroll reporting as needed
- Prepare and post assigned journal entries for payroll and month end closing
- Identify errors and omissions, providing resolution with correcting journal entries
- Manage annual audits of Workers’ Compensation and 401k
- Assist with documenting procedures and controls
- Reconcile payroll accounts
- Serve as a backup to accounts payable and receivable when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 5+ years payroll experience, multi-state and wine preferred
- Strong attention to detail
Share This Job
If You’re Looking For A New Opportunity, The Recruiting And Staffing Experts At Nelson Connects Can Help. We Work With Companies Of All Types And Sizes Across All Industries. We Help People Like You Find Exciting Roles With Employers Ranging From Fortune 100, Government, And Nonprofit Organizations To Local Businesses, Industry Leaders, And The Most Agile Start-Ups. The Candidates We Work With Appreciate Our Responsive Approach, Genuine Relationships, And Exceptional Service. With A Commitment To Transparency, Authenticity, And Credibility, We Look Forward To Our Jobs Every Day, And We’re Excited To Help You Find The Job You’ve Been Looking For.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects Provides Pay Transparency By Placing Salary Ranges In All Job Postings In Accordance With State And Local Regulations. We Are Committed To Communicating Pay Clearly Throughout The Employment Process.
California Fair Chance Act And Beyond: Qualified Applicants With Criminal Histories Will Be Considered For Employment In Accordance With Applicable Regulations. We Will Consider Qualified Applicants For Employment, Including Those With Criminal Histories, In A Manner Consistent With The Requirements Of Applicable State And Local Laws, Including The City Of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, And CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly Benefits Offered Include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + State Mandated Benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service In The Uniformed Services, Or Any Other Classification Protected By Law.