Petaluma, California | Full-Time Permanent | $150,000 - $175,000
December 22, 2023 | Job ID: 2180660
Growing industrial equipment manufacturer is hiring!
Location: Sonoma County
Compensation: $150-175K plus bonus and generous benefit package.
Objectives of this role include develop strategic plan for optimized productivity, review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivational work environment, and implementing innovative changes, adhere to company standards for excellence and quality, seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships and provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Production Planning: Analyze production requirements, forecasting, and ensuring efficient utilization of equipment, materials, and labor. Attends Production Meetings for planning and reporting. Works with COO on ship-date evaluation(s) and schedule setting. Reviews and examines production standards as it relates to output and quality; providing clear feedback on progress and pace to all stakeholders.
- Implements, reviews, and summarizes KPI’s for all production related functions, including Quality Control, Build-Efficiency, Engineering preparation and accuracy, Supply Chain on-time and correct part-delivery.
- Identifies and resolves production-related issues via collaboration with all layers of management and leadership.
- Operational Management: Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency and safety of shop, department, or work crew. Works with Supply Chain Manager to coordinate and ensure smooth supply of required materials for production success; evaluate and monitor KPIs. Directly and/or indirectly (via process creation) facilitates inter-facility communication for effective and efficient resource sharing. Ensure process, product, and quality standardization (SOP’s). Conduct Operational SWOT analysis quarterly to drive strategy and risk mitigation.
- Leadership Objectives: Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems with support from HR. Works with HR on Supervisor coaching and leadership training.
- Provides support for Production and Supply Chain Managers as well as all supervisors on production floor, when necessary. Meet with VP of Operations on effective strategies and problem-solving strategies to facilitate consistent methodology between facilities.
- Process Improvement Focus: As a manufacturing general manager, you should drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, reduce waste, and optimize processes. This may involve implementing lean manufacturing principles, fostering a culture of innovation, and encouraging employee suggestions for improvement.
Required skills and qualifications.
- Proven success in manufacturing managerial role
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Bachelors degree and or masters highly desirable.
Share This Job
If You’re Looking For A New Opportunity, The Recruiting And Staffing Experts At Nelson Connects Can Help. We Work With Companies Of All Types And Sizes Across All Industries. We Help People Like You Find Exciting Roles With Employers Ranging From Fortune 100, Government, And Nonprofit Organizations To Local Businesses, Industry Leaders, And The Most Agile Start-Ups. The Candidates We Work With Appreciate Our Responsive Approach, Genuine Relationships, And Exceptional Service. With A Commitment To Transparency, Authenticity, And Credibility, We Look Forward To Our Jobs Every Day, And We’re Excited To Help You Find The Job You’ve Been Looking For.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects Provides Pay Transparency By Placing Salary Ranges In All Job Postings In Accordance With State And Local Regulations. We Are Committed To Communicating Pay Clearly Throughout The Employment Process.
California Fair Chance Act And Beyond: Qualified Applicants With Criminal Histories Will Be Considered For Employment In Accordance With Applicable Regulations. We Will Consider Qualified Applicants For Employment, Including Those With Criminal Histories, In A Manner Consistent With The Requirements Of Applicable State And Local Laws, Including The City Of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, And CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly Benefits Offered Include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + State Mandated Benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service In The Uniformed Services, Or Any Other Classification Protected By Law.